PHYSIOLOGY: BASIS OF ALL MEDICAL SCIENCES
â€œHealth and NOT disease is the greatest mystery of medical scienceâ€. In a broader perspective Physiology is a science that deals with the normal functioning of any living organism. Given the magnitude of the subject, it is further divided into different categories including, viral physiology, bacterial physiology, plant physiology and animal physiology. Human Physiology is one of the fields of animal physiology that deals specifically with the normal functioning of human body. It explains the mechanisms involved, the cross talks and the cross linkages at subcellular and cellular level, and the pathways followed at tissue, organ and system level to maintain health. This science is the basis of all medical knowledge and is further subcategorized among others, into cellular physiology, system physiology, sports and exercise physiology, and physiology of unusual environment.
Pak J Physiol 2018;14(1):1-2
2. Physiology. Online Etymology Dictionary
3. Physiology. Science Clarified. Advameg, Inc. Available from: http://www.scienceclarified.com/Ph-Py/Physiology.html. [Retrieved 2010-08-29]
4. Selin H, Shapiro H, (Eds). Medicine Across Cultures: History and Practice of Medicine in Non-Western Cultures. Dordrecht, Boston: Kluwer Academic Publishers; 2003. p. 53.
5. Burma DP, Chakravorty M, (Eds). From Physiology and Chemistry to Biochemistry. New Delhi: Pearson Education; 2011. p. 8.
6. SchÃ¼ck H, Kathy-jo Wargin, (Eds). Alfred Nobelâ€“The man behind the Nobel Prize. Nobel Foundation. New York; Elsevier: 1972.
7. â€œThe Nobel Prize Awardersâ€. Nobel Foundation. [Retrieved 2008-11-21]
Â© Copyrights reserved. Pakistan Journal of Physiology, Pak J Physiol, PJP is free for research and academic purposes only. No part of this publication may be reproduced in any shape, published, or stored in a retrieval media without permission of the Editors.